2008 is coming to an end. With under a week left I think it's time to start thinking about what to resolve to in 2009. 2008 was a good year highlights can be found by looking through the prior posts of this blog. 2 weddings no funerals a couple of births by close friends, all you could hope for in a year. What will 2009 hold for us? I don't know, but let's try to make it a good one.
Resolution 1: Get healthy
Some of you might know that I've been suffering a little more than usual lately. In 2009 I resolve to get healthy. Heike and I have signed up for Tai Chi classes, taught by our friend Bede. Tai Chi is supposed to aid both mind and body, so we're going to give it a shot. On the lines of healthy mind, I'm going to try to make a concious effort to be more positive. I was reading somewhere that there is a connection between thinking positively and being healthy.
Resolution 2: Try out this whole Facebook thing
I don't know why I'm so anti-facebook. I think it has something to do with the lack of positive thinking in 2008. But in 2009 we're going to try this thing out. I like chatting, and I like seeing what my friends are up to, so maybe this whole facebook thing isn't that bad. What I don't like is when people from high school, who I didn't like then, and never want to talk to again, ask me to be their "friend" on facebook. Too bad facebook doesn't have a "Be my aquaintance" or a "Be someone I met once but want to see what they're up to" invitation.
Resolution 3: Less stress more production at work
So over the last 5 years at work I have found a way to be very productive: put in lots of hours and lots of stress and a lot will get done. Thinking towards the future I don't think that this working strategy will be sustainable. I started reading this book by David Allen, Getting Things Done. It talks about a way to be more productive AND being less stressed. Wouldn't this be great? Working fewer hours and getting more done?
Concentrate on 1 and 3
ReplyDeleteYou're digitally active already and Facebook sucks