Ok, so we're a couple of weeks into the new year. Let's see how I'm doing on my new year's resolutions. In order of how motivated I am to write about them. First of all I'd be interested to hear what you have resolved for the new year. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular, but it seems that every year we should try to focus of something. Anyway, back to me.
Facebook. So the first week, I checked it like once, second week like twice, but last week I think I was on almost every week. I have relaxed my "friend" criteria a little and have become "friends" with people from high school that I never particularly cared for (and still don't really). I let facebook go through my Gmail addressbook and find friends for me. Now I have 50ish friends. Woohoo.
Facebook itself is interesting. It's a great form of impersonal communication. Impersonal communication, according to HighDef, is any form of communication that allows you to separate yourself from actually physically or verbally interacting with someone. eg. Email, and text messaging. This impersonal communication somehow makes it easier to talk to people whom you have not talked to in a long time (or maybe don't particularily like). While I feel that something is lost in impersonal communication, I think a lot is gained. Any communication is better than no communication, right? I don't particularily like talking on the phone, so whenever possible, I make plans via Text messaging and email. Instead of telling my friends what I think about Facebook, I post it on my blog....you get the idea.
Yo, son. I'm checking Facebook more, too, this year--not particularly a resolution, but it does help to hear from people when you're somewhat "friendless" in a foreign country. Anyway my New Year's resolution is to say "Woohoo!" more...like you did, interestingly, in this blog post. I got the idea from Charlotte who once this summer in Santa Barbara said "wheeee" EVERY time she went down the slide! Makes everything much more fun, you see. So there it is: Woohoo/Wahoo/ or Yahoo for me every day! ;)
ReplyDeletemy work wife was very excited that you friended them on FB... So Woohoo!
ReplyDeleteMadame,
ReplyDeleteI think the Woohoos are a good way to bring positive thinking into your everyday vocabulary.
Keep Woohooing,
HD